Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry
Work: 508 289 3640
Building: Watson Building 109
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543
- Determining in situ selective pressures on marine microorganisms
- Elucidation of chemical communication and its role in coordinating microbial processes
- Marine microbial natural products and their role in protist grazing deterrence and quorum sensing disruption
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the epibiont community of the bloom-forming cyanobacteria Trichodesmium
- Banning, E., Wuchter, C., Mincer, T. J., Coolen, M. & Drenzek, N. “Toward microbially-enhanced shale gas production: Initial case study results” Accepted to Fronteirs in Microbiology, August 2013.
- Zettler, E. R., Mincer, T. J., Amaral-Zettler, L., “The unnatural history of the ‘Plastisphere’: Microbes on plastic marine debris.” Accepted: Environmental Science and Technology, Volume 47: Pages 7137-7146, June 2013.
- Bayer, .T. Neave, M., Alsheikh-Hussain, A., Aranda, M., Yum, L., Mincer, T. J., Hughen, K., Apprill, A., Voolstra, C. “The microbiome of the Red Sea coral Stylophora pistillata is dominated by tissue-associated Endozoicomonas bacteria” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Volume 79: pages 4759-4762, July 2013.
- Apprill, A., Hughen, K., & Mincer, T. J. “Major similarities in the bacterial communities associated with lesioned and healthy Fungiidae corals.” Environmental Microbiology, Volume 15: pages 2063-2072, July 2013.
- Cordero, O. X., Wildschutte, H., Kirkup, B., Proehl, S., Ngo, L., Hussain, F., Le Roux, F., Mincer, T. J., & Polz, M. F. “Ecological Populations of Bacteria Act as Socially Cohesive Units of Antibiotic Production and Resistance.” Science, Volume 337, pages 1228-1231, September 2012.
- Hmelo, L. R., Van Mooy, B.A.S. & Mincer, T. J. “Characterization of bacterial epibionts on the cyanobacterium Trichodesmium”. Aquatic Microbial Ecology, Volume 67, pages 1-14, July 2012.
Postdoctoral Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Fall 2004–Spring 2008. Professor Edward F. DeLong, advisor Ph.D. Oceanography, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, Fall 2004. Professor William Fenical, advisor B.S. Chemistry/Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego. Spring, 1995