Marine Policy Center
Work: 508 289 2938
Mobile: 617 306 6762
Fax: +1 508 457 2184
Building: Crowell 204
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Dr. Kite-Powell's research focuses on public and private sector management issues for marine resources and the economic activities that depend on them.
Current research projects include work on:
- Costs and benefits from improved ocean observing activities
- Economics of nautical charting
- Effectiveness and cost of measures to reduce ship strike risk to the North Atlantic Right Whale
- Economics and development of the liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipping market
- Policy issues surrounding use of ocean space for non-traditional activities, such as aquaculture and wind power
- Potential of shellfish aquaculture to contribute to nutrient level management in coastal water bodies
- Economics and management of marine aquaculture operations
- Environmental and ecological implications of long-term growth in marine aquaculture industries
Massachusetts Institute of Technology:
B.S. in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 1984.
M.S. in Ocean Systems Management, 1986.
M.S. in Technology and Policy, 1988.
Ph.D. in Ocean Systems Management, 1992.