Assistant Mechanical Shop Supervisor
||Assistant Mechanical Shop Supervisor
Reporting to the
Mechanical Shop Supervisor, assists with the management of Mechanical
Shop activities. Designs, estimates costs, and assists with a variety
of mechanical services projects.
- Acts for the Mechanical Shop Supervisor in his or her absence.
- Assists with workload scheduling, materials ordering, preparation of
capital and operating budgets, and routine office management.
- Creates and updates AutoCAD drawings, including other documentation for
marine and science equipment, and interface information for CNC machine
- Interprets mechanical drawings for intent and recommends changes and
alteration as may be required in design or choice of materials.
- Handles project assignments to include, but not limited to, marine
construction/renovation, and fabrication of scientific equipment.
- Produces required drawings and documentation necessary for cost
estimates, successful project completion and records purposes.
- Troubleshoots marine systems and scientific instrumentation and assists with or recommends repair actions.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
BSME or equivalent
degree in Facilities or Marine Engineering plus at least 5 years
experience. Academic coursework should include CAD software training,
welding technology, machine shop practices (including CNC), hydraulics,
and electrical machinery. Computer proficiency required with common
software applications (word processing & spreadsheets). Strong
interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage multiple
projects, and ability to handle administrative and financial aspects of
Last updated: February 25, 2013