Carpenter Shop Supervisor
Reporting to the Assistant Facilities Director, supervises Carpenter Shop.
- Supervises carpenters and painters and sets up their work schedule.
- Reviews and checks drawings and sketches and makes practical suggestions.
- Orders all stock, supplies, and tools.
- Allocates charges for labor and materials furnished. Specifies and recommends on major equipment.
- Estimates and quotes on major jobs. Checks on building conditions and recommends repairs and replacement.
- Fills in as Carpenter where needed; builds mock-ups and patterns.
with table saws (12", 10" and 8 1/2"), band saws (up to 12"), radial
arm saw (14"), planer, joiner, sander, electric hand tools, carpenter's
hand tools, metal cutting saws, shears, benders, forklift, and crane
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
High school or
vocational school plus 2 years apprenticeship in carpentry; 5 years
experience in carpenter shop, or as all-around carpenter in
construction including 2 years in WHOI shop. Valid driver's license.
Last updated: June 19, 2013