Under direct supervision, performs routine security checks during the night and on weekends throughout the entire Institution.
- May function as night and/or weekend receptionist for the public and crews of visiting vessels.
- May operate the switchboard and receive and distribute communications through the use of a variety of tools and resources. Assists in the docking of vessels. Transports visiting guests as directed.
- Acts as custodian for keys to buildings, rooms, equipment and vehicles.
- Performs routine checks for security, fire, and mechanical systems throughout all buildings.
- Initiates snow removal and power failure procedures.
- Polices parking areas and contacts proper authorities in emergencies.
- Patrols entire premises to prevent vandalism and unauthorized entry. Reports trespassers to local police.
- Makes recommendations as noted on means to improve security and fire protection.
- Checks moored vessels regularly and reports any safety hazards noted.
- Works with switchboard console, fax machine, video security cameras, Uhf radio, cell and two-way talk phones.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
- Performs duties required by Facility Security Plan for maritme security concerns.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
graduate or equivalent education. Prior related experience helpful. A
valid Massachusetts driver's license is required.
Last updated: June 19, 2013