||Senior Security Guard
Performs routine security checks during the night and on weekends throughout the entire Institution.
- Performs all the duties of a Security Guard. May oversee, instruct, and coordinate the activities of Security Guards. May also supervise shift operations in the absence of the Night Services Supervisor.
- During the Institution's non-business hours including nights, weekends and holidays, acts as primary contact person for employees, fire, police and community officials, general public and others with requests for information, access and assistance in critical and non-critical situations.
- May operate the Institution switchboard and monitor central alarm station. Initiates first response to alarm conditions as well as emergency situations associated with fire, security, medical, scientific experiment, mechanical systems as well as weather related problems.
- With a thorough knowledge of Institution policies, operations and procedures, responds or directs others to respond with appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Assists Institution sponsored visitors and guests in locating Institution housing. Provides keys, access, transportation, information and other support as required.
- Assists scientists and crew of Institution research vessels as well as other visiting research vessels with arrival and/or departure logistics support needs.
- Performs appropriate maintenance tasks and repairs including light bulb replacement and mechanical equipment resets. Monitors mechanical and electrical systems and recognizes equipment problems and failures. Investigates problems and initiates corrective actions. Contacts Institution personnel as needed when major repairs are required.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
High school graduate or equivalent education. Prior related experience, a valid Massachusetts driver's license and Transportation Worker Identification Credential is required. Typically possesses extensive knowledge of Institution policies and practices
Last updated: February 25, 2013