Assistant Director of Stewardship
||Assistant Director of Stewardship
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, proactively manages donors’ stewardship activities. This includes discretionary, current and endowed fund reporting and financial tracking, foundation reporting, donor report management, coordination of stewardship programs, donor naming opportunities and recognition events, and related record keeping.
- Proactively addresses needs of special major gift prospects and donors.
- Writes, compiles and edits reports for discretionary and current gifts $250,000 and above and all endowed funds and foundations. Monitors fund expenditures.
- Writes annual report for donors of unrestricted funds.
- Tracks and ensures timely stewardship reporting to all donors of $50,000+.
- Coordinates annual Report to Donors publication including: overseeing layout and design, creating accurate list of donors’ names, and mailing to prior years’ donors.
- Develops and manages reporting system for ongoing stewardship activities; Works as liaison with scientists and Development to customize reports based on donors’ needs. Identifies, plans and tracks stewardship and cultivation activities.
- Identifies and prices naming opportunities at many levels across WHOI campus and creates descriptions of each.
- Manages donor recognition naming opportunity inventory.
- Manages donor recognition events.
- Acts as Development Department’s liaison with the offices of research and education.
Desired Qualifications for Hire
Bachelor’s degree required. 2-3 years previous Development experience. Good organizational and customer service skills essential; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; must be flexible and able to handle many projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines. Must be a team player;
Last updated: February 25, 2013