Reporting to the
Vice President of Finance and Administration/Chief Financial Officer,
directs and has immediate responsibility for the Institution's
accounting practices, the maintenance of its financial records, the
budget process, and the preparation of its financial reports. Directs
and has overall supervisory responsibility for general accounting,
budgeting and financial analysis, cash management, accounts receivable,
regulatory compliance, payroll, and property administration functions
of the Institution. Responsible for evaluating operating results in
terms of costs, budgets, policies of operations, and financial
- Supervises preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
preparation of annual operating budgets, monitors expenditure requests
for availability of funds prior to commitment, and exercises accounting
control to ensure that expenditures do not exceed amounts authorized.
operating results as they affect the financial position of the
Institution and makes specific recommendations which will result in
operating and cost-efficiencies.
for the receipt and disbursement of funds, monitoring cash
requirements, investment of short term funds, reporting endowment
performance and implementing the asset allocation policy of the
Institution Investment Committee.
- Responsible for managing the debt of the Institution, compliance with covenants and reporting requirements.
as primary contact with Institution's public accountants on accounting
matters and provides reports to Institution Audit Committee.
the preparation of statistics for periodic and annual financial
statements, including the preparations of charts and graphs showing
progress, conditions and results.
for compiling and filing of required externally required reports and
tax returns and compliance with associated regulations where
- Maintains relationships with various banking institutions and investment managers.
for calculation and negotiation of the overhead recovery rates and
maintains relationships with the cognizant government agency.
- Supervises the maintenance of the Institution's chart of accounts; assigns new classifications and cost centers as necessary.
- Is responsible for the appropriate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents, including capital and others.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
Job Specifications (Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job)
B.S. in Accounting
with at least 8-10 years experience. CPA required; MBA preferred.
Supervisory and management skills required. Must be able to collaborate
with peers and cross functional groups. Must be able to communicate
clearly and foster open communications. Position is expected to employ
a strategic approach to problem solving.
Last updated: February 25, 2013