Investment Officer and Manager of Treasury Operations
||Investment Officer and Manager
of Treasury Operations
Reporting to the
Vice President of Finance & Administration/CFO, coordinates and
monitors the investment of Institution endowment and pension funds,
requiring close collaboration with the Trustees of the Investment and
Retirement Fund Committees and the Institution's investment consultants
with special emphasis on alternative and private investments. Manages
and monitors the Institution's daily operating cash position and
requirements and its short-term investments.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Endowment and Pension Funds Management:
- Responsible for administering asset allocation policies of the Investment and Retirement Committees. Responsible for administering the rebalancing policy of the Institution Investment Committee and Retirement Fund Committee.
- Liaisons with managers of the Institution's Endowment and Pension Funds, monitors reports and works in close collaboration with senior management, investment consultants, and Trustees to identify new investment opportunities.
- Manages internal reporting on all private investments working closely with custodian to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Prepares reports and analysis on a monthly and annual basis with a special focus on limited partnerships and other alternative investments. Periodically visits alternative investment managers to assess their controls and systems.
- Coordinates capital calls and distributions within the Alternative Assets program.
- Coordinates meetings of the Investment and Retirement Fund Committees; responsible for preparation of agendas and minutes.
- Supervises manager compliance with committee guidelines and policies.
- Supports the continuing refinement and enhancement of analytical tools and approaches for reporting investment performance.
- Remains current with investment practices, developments, vehicles, managers and investments through research, conferences, meetings, and phone/email contact.
- Liaisons with lending agencies, underwriters, bond counsel, ratings agencies, and other agencies related to debt management.
- Remains current with debt issuance practices, legal developments, financing structures and methods through research, conferences, meetings and other contacts.
- Ensures timely drawdown of construction funds and compliance with debt covenants.
- Manages internal and external reporting on debt.
- Manages the structure, cash flows, and banking services used by the Institution.
- Monitors, manages, projects, and reports the institutional operating cash requirements.
- Manages and coordinates all Institution banking relationships.
- Analyzes and evaluates new and emerging banking services and technologies to meet Institution's operational requirements.
- Ensures regular compliance with Institution's short-term investment policies and practices; periodically evaluates and assesses Institution investment alternatives.
- Supervises Institution's cashier office functions.
- Maintains frequent contact with the Controller's Staff and other Institution offices involved with cash, banking, and investments.
- Develops programs to assist staff and retires on investment questions.
- Assists Development Staff in creating deferred gifts by donors.
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
in accounting, business administration or related field required; MBA
or other advanced degree preferred. At least five years prior
experience in investing and finance related field. Demonstrated
interest in financial markets, especially alternative investments and
hedge funds. Excellent analytical, technical, collaboration, and
communication skills required.
Last updated: February 25, 2013