||Administrative Associate I
Reporting to the
Executive Assistant for Academic Programs and Dean, with minimal
supervision, acts as the primary resource for students and guests
staying in Institution Housing.
- Responsible for
management, operation and scheduled use of the Institution's student
and guest housing consisting of 22 units and 140 beds.
for reservations for upwards of 250 housing requests per year. Pair
well-suited individuals for shared accommodations; determine convenient
housing site in relationship to work location and guest's
transportation situation; coordinate the best reservation scheme in
order to accommodate as many requests as possible in limited space.
Send confirmation emails. Prepare payment, housing policies and general
information related to their stay.
- Processes invoices, collect rents.
- Prepares bank deposits and payroll deductions.
- Approves and process Summer Rent Assistance Applications for Joint Program Students.
- Prepares and monitor annual Operating Budget in excess of $350,000.
- Prepares annual Capital Budget in coordination with the Institution's Facilities Manager.
with the VP for Academic Programs and Dean, develops Housing Policy;
interpret and disseminate this policy to internal and external
- Responsible for purchases, upkeep and repair of units within the bound of the Housing Office 's annual budget.
- Approves invoices pertaining to Housing including purchases, utilities, maintenance and services.
- Maintains and monitor Housing Office databases, records and files.
- Supervises Housekeeping Staff.
- Compiles and maintain Community Housing website.
check-in meetings for Summer Student Fellows, Minority Fellows, Joint
Program Students and GFD Fellows to review housing policies and
complete necessary Housing paperwork upon arrival.
closely with various groups from outside the Institution, i.e.
international guests, along with scientific staff and administrative
staff from within WHOI in respect to reservation and billing issues.
- Acts as contact person for guests and students addressing their individual concerns and needs while in Institution Housing.
- Works with students to resolve resident conflicts.
- Informs new staff and students of issues regarding local rental market.
- Monitors and reconcile FSRs.
accordance with the Institution's Environmental Health and Safety
Office policies, relay and enforce housing safety procedures.
- Is a member of Hurricane Preparedness Committee.
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary.
- Takes an active role in leading group problem solving activities. Encourages the group to think of innovative solutions.
- Leads group in setting goals and monitoring progress.
- Knowledge of how to work with upper levels of management to gain support.
- Assists in making formal presentations both verbal and written to inform and educate.
- Translates technical or procedural information into specifications or action plans.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and discretion; works to resolve conflicts between groups.
- Transfer a technical or administrative knowledge to others through formal or informal training.
Influencing and Leading:
- Typically mentors junior staff in and/or outside of work group.
- Assists with establishing work standards for group.
- Helps others think through their choices. Actively support diversity initiatives and awareness.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Effectively employs triage and trouble shooting techniques to resolve complex situations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new approaches to the work of the group.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
Required to be current and proficient in new trends, concepts,
technologies, and best practices within one's professional discipline
and apply that knowledge to current work.
- Project management skills.
Responsibility and Accountability:
- Actions and decisions may have impact on other groups.
- Without direct supervision, makes decisions regarding work group and may supervise junior staff.
- Seeks out and identifies problems or opportunities and takes immediate action to address them.
Last updated: February 25, 2013