|Position:||Diving Safety Officer|
Reporting to Manager, Shipboard Scientific Services Group, is responsible for initiating and supervising the Institution's diving program and training divers.
- Has operational authority for the diving program, including enforcement of diving safety regulations, conduct of diver training and certification, approval of dive plans and equipment, and the maintenenace of Institution-owned diving equipment and records.
- Implements policy as established by Diving Control Board.
- Reviews the latest diving technology and procedures.
- Recommend budgets for the Diving Program and compiles an annual report of diving activities for the Diving Control Board.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
Degree in Marine Science or related field. Must possess a current Instructor's Certificate issued by a nationally recognized agency, have at least 4 years of varied diving experience plus 100 hours underwater using SCUBA and surface supplied equipment. Must exhibit a thorough knowledge of diving theory, safety practices, operational procedures and diver training. Some sea duty may be required.