Human Resources

TD Dependents

   Print  PDF  Change text to small (default) Change text to medium Change text to large

Spouses and children under (21 years of age) of a TN visa holder are admitted in TD (Trade Dependent) status.  Dependents who are Canadian citizens can apply for TD status at the same time as the TN, or by presenting a copy of the TN-1’s I-94 card and employment letter if/when they wish to enter separately.

Dependents who do not hold Canadian citizenship are required to obtain a TD visa at a U.S. Embassy prior to admission.  The application should include:

  • TN’s letter of employment
  • Copy of the TN’s I-94 card (if already in the U.S.)
  • Copy of marriage or birth certificate

Dependents of Mexicans are required to obtain a TD visa to enter the U.S.

Last updated: October 3, 2018