Evaluation & Selection of a Candidate
- work experience, education/training,
- motivation and attitude,
- ability to perform the job,
- needs of the work group,
- departmental needs,
- affirmative action goals of the department and Institution,
- input from others who interviewed the applicant,
- employment verification and references, your Employment Services Specialist can help guide you through this process. NOTE: Certain positions may require a more formal employment reference process. Your Department Administrator can guide you through that process.
- consult with your Deparment Chair/Administrative Manager to determine a salary recommendation and starting date to initiate the approval process.
- inform your Employment Services Specialist of all candidates not selected for finalization of the tracking process.
Last updated: April 12, 2010